Playing golf with following its rules
The golf course has 9 or 18 holes. Regular golf consists of 18 holes but usually, the 9 holes golf is played. The grass level is increased in some places to create hurdles whereas some of the holes are straight in the line.
There is a book for the rules of golf which consist of all the rules of playing golf. To learn how to play golf you don’t require physical or technical activeness but a complete knowledge of the rules.
The rules of golf have some sets of regulations and strategies, following these rules the sport of golf should be played. The rules of golf include all the strategies and the penalties in the sport.
- Silence: Stay polite, do not make noise or move when a fellow player is going to putt. It can make him distracted and disturb his concentration, so stay quiet. Also, put your phone on silent or leave it behind because a sudden ring or notification may also distract the player.
- Take your time, but don’t take too long: It is so obvious that you need time to concentrate and wait for your swing. You can take your time but don’t take too long. Take about 30 to 45 seconds to make your shot.
- You should play from the place where the ball lies, you cannot move it unless there is any rule to do so.
- The golf course cannot be changed unless it requires any rule to change it.
- You can get a two-stroke penalty if you play with the wrong golf ball accidentally.
- While putting the ball it should not touch the flag. And if it gets touched then it will be considered a two-stroke penalty.
- You are permitted to keep only up to 14 clubs in your golf bag. Carrying more than that is a violation of rules.
- You are not allowed to place anything in front of the ball to aim the hole. Also, no one can stand in front to help you aim at them. You can use the leaves, grass, or stones, which were already on the ground.
- You should move the unwanted things around your ball that may disturb its position. Anything around your ball can disturb it including stones, sticks, grass, rocks, feathers, and many more. Because this is considered a penalty. You should use your hand to do so, using your feet or kicking is not allowed.
- You cannot ask other players for advice on how to play. You are allowed to ask only your caddy about it. This is the most commonly broken rule by the players so make sure you don’t do so.
- You are not allowed to advise anyone else even if you know them or they are close to you. You cannot advise them if they are not your partner in the competition.
- In better ball, you and your partner can share the advice of playing the sport.